Arsenal Football Club has a rich history and many titles won. The game of the team made many fans fall in love with it all over the world. Bright combination football leaves no one indifferent. The club’s emblem has a history no less attractive than the club itself.
The club was founded in 1888 under the name “Royal Arsenal”. He represented the London borough of Woolwich, whose coat of arms became the club’s logo. The very name of the team was taken from the name of the factory that produces weapons.
The change of the coat of arms in 1922 has a background. In 1913, the club moved from Woolwich, became known simply as “Arsenal”. The connection with the historical past was lost; a realistically drawn cannon placed in a horizontal oval was used as a logo. Above the cannon was the inscription “The Gunners”.
The 1925 logo is a mirror image of the previous log, with the cannon facing the other way. Also, the cannon is no longer drawn in a realistic, but in a schematic style.
The cannon from the previous logo is placed on a white shield with red edges. The large letters A.F.C. are inscribed under the cannon, and even lower is the year 1930.
This logo has nothing to do with the past and the future, it is a hexagon. There is a red soccer ball in the center, the letters A and C intersect in the emblem.
The shield became the basis of the coat of arms, but with a straight upper border. In the lower part, under the shield, the club’s motto appeared for the first time – the Latin expression “Victoria Concordia Crescit”, which means “Victory comes from harmony.” The name of the Arsenal team is written at the top of the shield, the cannon is in the center. The club was now located in the Islington area, so its coat of arms adorned the bottom of the logo.
If the previous logo was red and white, then in 1994 it was issued in red and blue colors. The background of the shield has become red (it was previously white), the shield has a double structure, inside the shield there is another outline of the shield, which will introduce the inscription Gunners above the shield.
In 1996, a simplification was made to get rid of the clutter of the logo. The second outline of the shield is removed, leaving the inscription Gunners in white letters on a blue background.
In 2001, they decided to abandon the outer blue shield, leaving only the inner red one. The design of the cannon was slightly changed, the Arsenal inscription is written in gold.
In 2002, Arsenal received a stylish coat of arms, from which unnecessary details were removed. A dark yellow cannon symbol is inscribed in the common shield. Inside this shield there is a red shield, in the upper part there is an Arsenal inscription in white letters. There are blue edges from the general shield.
In the 2011-2012 season, additional decorations were used in honor of the 125th anniversary of the club – 15 laurel leaves, 15 oak leaves, the inscription FORWARD (the first team motto).
The Arsenal lettering is made in a recognizable font. The logo has a laconic design, using red, blue, white and dark yellow colors.