Chelsea Football Club is renowned for its long history. The team has many trophies, including European cups. Chelsea has traditionally shown flamboyant football, which has allowed him to conquer an army of fans far beyond the borders of his native England.
Meaning and history
1905 – 1952
The first logo of the club appeared in 1905 along with its foundation. The base was a circle, in it along the border in yellow letters on a blue background the inscription CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB flaunted. In the center of the circle, on a white background, was a bearded man in a red jacket. Because of this, one of the team’s nicknames appeared – “retirees”.
1952 – 1953
In 1952, a temporary logo was used, the club wanted to get rid of the offensive nickname. In a shield with blue edges and a white background, the blue letters FCC intersected.
1953 – 1964
It was based on the original logo, but the circle is now formed from two stretch marks. CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB has moved to the bottom. In the upper part, red balls and red roses were alternately located. In the center is a blue lion with a yellow staff.
1964 – 1967
During these years, the official logo remained the same, but only the letters FCC were embroidered on the T-shirts.
1967 – 1986
In 1967, only a blue lion was left from the previous logo, in whose hands was now a red staff. Under the lion are the letters CFC.
1986 – 1995
In 1986 a new coat of arms of the club was developed. The base is a dark blue circle, on it are white letters CFC, with the last two in the lower part, and the first in the upper, a red lion crawls out of it.
1995 – 1997
The circle was removed from the emblem, the letters became blue (a lighter shade), the lion was drawn in blue-yellow.
1997 – 1999
Management decided to go back to the 1986 version with a few edits. The lion is now painted in gold, the circle has become lighter.
1999 – 2003
The circle is removed from the emblem again, only letters and a lion remain, everything is depicted using two colors, blue and white.
2003 – 2005
In 2003, they began to use an even lighter shade of blue, again a circle became the basis, and inside the already familiar letters and a lion in white.
2005 – 2006
The 2005 emblem is again based on a circle, at the top it says CHELSEA, at the bottom – FOOTBALL CLUB. The inscription is made in white letters on a blue background. There is also a white circle inside, inside which is a blue lion with a staff. Balls and roses in gold are also inscribed in the blue circle. Around the emblem, there are inscriptions dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the team.
2006 – Today
The logo has undergone a couple of changes. Removed inscriptions dedicated to the centenary. Balls and roses are now shown in red.
Color and font
The main color of the team is blue, which is reflected in the logo. Since 2006, a dark shade has been used. The name of the club is written in a recognizable font.